- Place meat in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Add onions and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan, mix contents of the packet of SUWONG garlic spare ribs sauce mix with water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180oC (350oF).
- Drain meat and place in an oven-proof dish. Pour sauce mix over meat.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Divide the cooked ribs among the plates and serve with white rice or SUWONG fried rice.
To add sweetness, replace half the spare ribs cooking water with pineapple juice. Then, just before baking the ribs, add 250 ml (1 cup) of pineapple chunks, drained.