Sweet and sour shrimp
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 340 g (3/4 lb.) raw shrimp (31-40), peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) fresh ginger, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1.5-cm (1/2-in.) pieces
- 1 pouch SUWONG garlic spare ribs sauce mix
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) cornstarch
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) tomato ketchup
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Combine shrimp with garlic and ginger, and set aside while preparing the vegetables.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add vegetables.
- Sautée for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Remove from wok and keep warm.
- Return the wok to the burner and add the SUWONG spare ribs sauce mix.
- Add cornstarch diluted in water and ketchup.
- Bring to a boil while stirring, and allow to thicken.
- Add vegetables and shrimp to sauce, reheat, and serve over rice.