Cantonese pork noodles
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 340 g (3/4 lb.) lean pork, cut into strips
- 1 pouch SUWONG chow mein sauce mix
- 375 ml (1½ cup) water
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, cut into strips
- 250 ml (1 cup) frozen edamame beans, thawed
- 750 ml (3 cups) baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 150 g (1/3 lb.) udon noodles or other Asian noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- Place pork on a plate and sprinkle with 30 ml (2 tbsp.) SUWONG chow mein sauce mix.
- In a bowl, dissolve remaining sauce mix in water. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat half the oil over high heat.
- Sautée meat, garlic and green onions, tossing constantly, until pork is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from wok and keep warm.
- Return wok to burner and heat remaining oil.
- Sautée bok choy over very high heat for 1 minute.
- Add vegetables, edamame beans, and 1 tsp. to 1 tbsp. water, and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add diluted sauce mix and heat until thickened.
- Add pork and noodles, mix and serve piping hot.